Due to exponential growth in recent times, BJF Group have multiple vacancies for mobile mechanical engineers/plumbers to work on a new contract in Central London and the surrounding areas.
The post-holder will be expected to provide comprehensive repairs and maintenance to a range of commercial and domestic heating and plumbing applications. Experience working with HVAC equipment and systems is also desirable.
The role consists of fault-finding analysis, maintenance, repairs, installation and upgrading work to respective heating, sanitation, plumbing and HVAC equipment on a planned and reactive basis – to ensure that systems are operating safely and effectively and are in compliance with appropriate regulatory standards and good practice.
A good understanding of dynamic risk assessments and safe working procedures is essential.
A positive and flexible attitude, with a willingness to adapt and excellent communication skills are also necessary for this role.
- To carry out installation and maintenance of heating installations of all types in domestic and commercial buildings (including boilers, pipelines, valves, pumps, control gear, and other associated equipment), and be fully conversant with all aspects of the heating systems.
- To carry out installation and maintenance of plumbing, drainage, and sanitation installations of all types in domestic and commercial buildings and be fully conversant with all aspects of these systems.
- To carry out inspection of and maintenance work to HVAC installations of all types in domestic and commercial buildings and be fully conversant with all aspects of these systems.
- To undertake fault-finding diagnosis, problem-solving, and analysis of plant operation appertaining to the operation and efficacy of the installed mechanical systems (including plumbing, drainage, heating, and HVAC systems).
- To carry out relevant testing and certification of mechanical plant and systems – in accordance with all appropriate regulations and within the remit of the post-holder’s relevant qualifications.
- To undertake associated multi-trades duties such as minor general plastering and joinery work.
- To carry out and complete all works to a high standard, in a competent manner and to leave the site of works in a clean and tidy condition.
Salary and Benefits
- Company Van
- Fuel Card
- Parking Pass allowing you to park right outside most sites