Whether transforming tired and ineffective spaces, maintaining and upgrading high security buildings or responding to wider corporate objectives, our flexibility, innovation and understanding of our customers’ individual needs ensures that we create solutions that inspire.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our Construction division. Initially the successful applicant will be based in central London completing a £3.6m refurbishment project. Travel to and from the project will be paid for by the company.
BJF Group’s Construction Division works on new build and refurbishment projects in the Residential, Defence, Healthcare, Education and Retail sectors in London and the South East of England.
- Working closely with the Site Manager to deliver construction projects to programme and within the project budget.
- Efficient and effective utilisation of labour, materials, plant and equipment within the allocated budgets.
- We deliver our projects using the Viewpoint for Projects document management system. Previous experience using this system would be desirable, but training will be provided.
- Managing and monitoring site activities and physical progress of work for site safety, quality and environmental responsibilities.
- Ensuring that a highly skilled and disciplined workforce is maintained within a safe system of work.
- Engaging, monitoring and managing the deployment of appropriate and suitably qualified subcontractors to deliver projects.
- Prioritising the use of resources both direct and indirect.
- Producing operational reports & attending monthly/quarterly/annual meetings to present contract performance overview.
- Assisting with the preparation and completion of pre-tender documentation to include in tender returns.
- Formal reporting, which includes Monthly Project Reviews, Monthly/Weekly Client liaison & reports and meetings, Formal Site Meetings (weekly/monthly) with Client and Weekly site team briefing meetings with site teams as required.
- Providing advice, guidance and support on contract matters.
- Ensuring the site is operating to high safety, health, environmental and quality standards, including ensuring compliance with all legal and company requirements.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
Project Management qualifications are desirable by not essential for the role.
- First Aid
- DBS Check
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers licence and able to drive.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- The ambition to assist in the development of the role and the company profile.
- Commercially aware.
- Fully conversant with current Health & Safety, CDM and statutory building regulations.
- Management experience of leading a team and understanding of working with contractual requirements and KPI’s.
- Possess excellent team leader skills and a professional nature.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient IT skills.
Salary and Benefits:
- £45k-£55k per annum
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Car allowance
- Private healthcare
- Employee benefits Platform
Please note that appropriate security clearances are required for this role.
No agencies please