BJF Group’s vision is to provide a complete lifecycle building solution helping our clients build, manage and maintain their spaces and the services that bring them to life. Whether transforming tired and ineffective spaces, maintaining and upgrading high security buildings or responding to wider corporate objectives, our flexibility, innovation and understanding of our customers’ individual needs ensures that we create solutions that inspire.
Across our six complimentary divisions we offer an end-to end service from initial consultation and design, through installation, testing, and commissioning to building maintenance.
Our Construction Division works on a range of exciting new build and refurbishment projects in the residential, healthcare, defence, education and commercial sectors with values up to £6m.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager, to work in our Construction Division on projects across London, Kent and the South East.
The successful candidate will manage, plan and co-ordinate the activities and subcontractors on site to meet the programme of works.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- All site-based qualifications necessary to carry out the role.
- SMSTS (essential)
- First Aid (essential)
- MoD Security Clearance (desirable but can be completed on appointment).
- Industry experience in a similar role.
- Ensure that a highly skilled and disciplined workforce is maintained within a safe system of work upholding a high level of site cleanliness and SHEQ.
- A good knowledge and understanding of construction processes.
- Assessing subcontractor Risk and Method Statements.
- Reviewing drawings and ensuring Subcontractors complete works as per the design requirements.
- Experience using a web based document management system (Viewpoint for Projects) would be preferable.
- A valid driving licence is essential
- Completion of daily site documentation (site diary, labour & plant returns, etc)
- Good attention to detail.
- Delivery of site inductions and tool box talks. The completion of relevant documentation.
- Liaison with Subcontractors to ensure progress is in line with the target programme. Experience with programming software would be preferable.
- Manage and monitor site activities and physical progress of work for site safety, quality and environmental responsibilities.
- Good IT skills with a good understanding of Viewpoint, Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: Competitive, Depending on experience.
- Car allowance.
- 33 days holiday per year, including bank holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Train travel costs covered.
- An extensive employee benefits platform.
No Agencies Please