Our busy Facilities Management division are looking for a Mechanical Project Manager to take ownership and accountability of the project delivery finances, quality and programme from estimation to project completion, handover and client training; working to strict timescales, delivering the project within budget and overseeing quality control throughout the project life cycle. Project values are between £1k – £150k
- Direct and manage project development from start to finish, with responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the project.
- Liaise with direct employed labour, sub-contractors, suppliers, and the client.
- Plan the utilisation of available & required resources
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver the project according to plan.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones, track project milestones and deliverables. Troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems and develop contingency plans.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary, obtaining client approval, as necessary.
- Develop and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Prepare & issue Progress Report
Skills and Behaviours
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A self-starter, good at problem solving and multi-tasking
- Commercially astute, able to anticipate issues that may affect costs and address them proactively
- Good computer skills, with appropriate experience in project management software
- An eye for detail and proven ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills: persuasive, encouraging and motivating
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven relevant experience
- Proven ability to bring projects to successful completion
- A degree or HND in Mechanical and a post graduate qualification in project management preferred, but equivalent qualifications and/or significant relevant experience acceptable
- Health and safety qualification
Salary & Benefits:
- Company car or car allowance
- Private health scheme,
- Employee benefits scheme
Please note that a security clearance will need to be obtained for this role and a valid drivers licence is essential
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th August
No Agencies Please