Working across a range of top-end government and private sector projects, from £3m fit outs to £500k high-end residential jobs BJF Group’s M&E divison is well-recpected in the South East. In fact, BJF Group started as as M&E company so you will be part of our most established division!
We are looking for an experienced, confident and detailed Mechanical Estimator to join our team to ensure that we are winning our bids at a competitive and profitable price.
You will be working with a driven, passionate team of M&E experts and will be an integral part of our bid-winning process.
- Previous demonstrable experience as a Mechanical Estimator for an M&E contractor
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple tenders within tight deadlines.
- Experience of managing and preparing detailed tenders for commercial, leisure, healthcare, education and industrial sectors.
- Ability and knowledge to develop cost plans and budget estimates.
- Track record of preparing and tendering mechanical projects £3 million+
- Experience of using Extreme Estimating software or equivalent
- Understand RIBA design stages
- Experience of tendering design and build projects
- Excellent ability in using Office suite of software
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and organisational skills
- Confident to attend client interviews pre and post tender
- Attend site visits to assess and establish project requirements
- Ability and adaptability to work collaboratively within a small team
- Support live projects with variations and cost changes
- Knowledge of current market costs for mechanical works
- Flexible with a positive can-do attitude
Salary and Benefits
- £Highly Competitive
- Contributory pension
- Employee benefits platform
- Private healthcare
Please note, applicants will be asked to issue a recently prepared mechanical tender as part of their application.
No Agencies Please.