BJF Group are looking for a Project Manager, to join our Construction Division. The successful candidate will ensure that all client orders are delivered to time, in a safe and compliant manner, ensuring all contractual processes, safety and quality standards are met.
The Construction division carries out new build and refurbishment projects in the residential, health, education and commercial sectors with values up to £6m.
- Manage and monitor site activities and physical progress of work for site safety, quality and environmental responsibilities.
- Liaison with Site Manager’s to ensure all conditions of the contract are being met and there is efficient and effective utilisation of labour, materials, plant and equipment within the allocated budgets
- Ensure that a highly skilled and disciplined workforce is maintained within a safe system of work.
- Prioritise the use of resources both direct and indirect.
- Produce operational reports & attend monthly/quarterly/annual meetings to present contract performance overview.
- Formal reporting, which includes: Monthly Internal Progress reports, Weekly/ Monthly/ Quarterly/ Annual Client liaison, formal Site Meetings (weekly/monthly) with Client and Weekly site team briefing meetings with site teams as required.
- Provide advice, guidance and support on contract matters.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites and effective time management.
- Management of the design process and external consultants.
- Be responsible and accountable for the management of the project budget, ensuring the project takes into consideration the operational cost post implementation (whole life project costing).
- To deliver excellent communications with all internal and external stakeholders, throughout the project lifetime.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to work within budgets.
- Fully conversant with current Health & Safety, CDM and statutory building regulations.
- Management experience of leading a team and understanding of working with contractual requirements.
- Possess excellent team leader skills and a professional nature.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong IT ability with all Microsoft software and an understanding of document management systems.
- Proven ability to take own initiative, managing and driving forward deliverables and developments.
- The ambition to assist in the development of the role and the company profile.
Salary and Benefits:
- 33 days holiday per year (incl bank holidays)
- Car allowance
- Private healthcare
- Employee benefits Platform
Please note that a DBS check and appropriate security clearances are required for this role and a driving licence is essential.
No agencies please